A plan of care for an adolescent with postoperative scoliosis following spinal fusion should include:
1. Pain management: The adolescent should be monitored for pain and given appropriate medications as needed.
2. Activity: The adolescent should be encouraged to participate in light physical activities such as walking, swimming, and stretching.
3. Posture: The adolescent should be taught proper posture and body mechanics to help maintain the spine in the correct position.
4. Bracing: The adolescent should be fitted for a brace to help support the spine and reduce the risk of further injury.
5. Follow-up: The adolescent should be monitored regularly by a physician to ensure that the spine is healing properly.