In this assignment, you will reverse engineer a tax memo from a court case. I have enclosed a sample tax memo format for you to follow.
- The code section should relate to partnership distributions, transfers of interests, sales, or terminations.
- Locate the Internal Revenue Code Section that governs the topic of your choice.
- Search a tax research database (CCH, BNA, etc.) for a court case involving your topic and code section of choice.
- Read the court case and familiarize yourself with the parties involved, facts surrounding case, etc.
- Synthesize your court case into a tax memo.