Topic: Emerging Technologies
From the electronic health record (EHR) to nanotechnology to 3-D printers and beyond, there are an increasing number of useful and innovative technologies being used in health care settings that have an important role in linking and organizing care and information. For this assignment, you will create a slide presentation to present to administrators and nurses providing direct patient care.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Use primary sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite to check for similarity scores and plagiarism.
Your presentation must include the following elements:
- Identify and provide a brief description of a clinical problem.
- Identify a technology that can improve patient outcomes for that clinical problem.
- Select a theory to guide the presentation and discuss why this theory is applicable.
- Address how the technology you have identified will assist in resolving the clinical problem.
- Potential strengths and limitations of the technology selected.
- Discuss the method for patient education for use of the technology you have identified. Provide a rationale for its effectiveness.
- You must include the speaker’s notes with each slide
Use PowerPoint to create your slide presentation. Your slide presentation must contain a title slide, 12-15 slides of content, and a References slide. Use evidence to support your claims. A minimum of five references using APA style must be used. Speaker’s notes must be included for each individual slide (add a speaker notes section to demonstrate the verbal speech you would give along with each slide).
Text slides are not meant to be read by the speaker, but by the audience. Lettering should generally be limited to four lines and should never be more than seven, including the title.
- It is advisable not to use more than eight words per line.
- Avoid too much detail and resist the temptation to overload the presentation with information.
- Avoid jargon and abbreviations, unless they are clear to all the audience.
- Aim at the average person in the audience.
- Use plain English.