Review pages 1182 – 1184. Describe two or three instances where Hansberry effectively uses stage direction to help communicate important themes in the play. Quote specifically from the play and be sure to explain what themes are being suggested.Your postings will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Writing well-developed paragraphs relevant to the prompt(s) (minimum 300 words).
- Be sure that your thesis is explicit and supported with one to two quotations from the literature.
- Following the rules of Standard English (for example, no lowercase “i” for the pronoun I). Please proofread your writing before clicking the ‘submit’ button!
- When you include a quotation from the literature in your mini-esssay, please place an in-text citation (also called a parenthetical citation) immediately after you close the quotation marks and before you place a period at the end of your sentence. That way, anyone in the class (including me!) can easily find the quotation in the literature if necessary. If you’re not sure what to place inside the parentheses, there is instruction in the textbook in Chapter 31– Quotation, Citation, and Documentation.
- If you include in-text citations, there must be a Works Cited listing at the bottom of your post.
- Be sure to follow the “Quote Sandwich.”