Due Friday by 11:59pm
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
This week you will use your readings from the past two weeks as a point of departure to create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Part 1: Art Creation
Select one of the visual art pieces from Chapters 1-6 or the lessons from Weeks 1-3 to use as a point of inspiration. Create a painting, sculpture, drawing, or work of architecture inspired by your selected art piece.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
- Inspiration Piece
- Include image.
- Record the title, artist, year, and place of origin.
- Briefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
- Your Art Piece
- Include image.
- Provide a title.
- Explain the background of your piece.
- Explain the thematic connection between the two pieces.
- How are they similar and different?
- Are they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences?
- How do the formal elements of design compare to one another?
Original Artwork Requirements
- Methods: paint, watercolor, pencil, crayon, marker, collage, clay, metal, or wood (Check with your instructor about other methods you have in mind.)
- No computer-generated pieces
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, or image of artwork)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source- in addition to the textbook)